Year Of Call : 2020
Morgan was called to the Bar in 2020, and has a broad commercial practice.
Prior to the Bar, Morgan was a Senior Government Lawyer in the Litigation and Recovery Branch of the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department.
Before that, Morgan was a solicitor at King & Wood Mallesons, where he practised principally in general commercial and insolvency disputes, but also acted on employment disputes, as well as energy and resources, and native title matters.
Morgan was an associate to a judge of the Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2016.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil appeals
- Banking (finance and securities)
- Building and construction
- Civil confiscation of criminal proceeds
- Class actions
- Consumer protection law
- Contractual disputes
- Corporate insolvency
- Corporations law
- Intellectual property
- Partnership disputes
- Restraint of trade
- Real property including leasing disputes
- Employment contracts and restraint of trade
- Industry disputes and statutory employment rights
- Constitutional law
- Judicial review and administrative law
- Native title