Year Of Call : 2011
Andrew’s practice is focused on commercial law and the regulation of corporations. He appears before Courts and arbitral tribunals alone and with senior counsel.
Andrew is typically briefed in matters that are characterised by legal and factual complexity and involve significant reputational risk. He regularly appears in complicated contractual disputes and matters in which equitable relief is sought. Andrew has a substantial practice in matters arising out of the breakdown of relationships between partners, shareholders and joint ventures.
His formative background in criminal law provides a unique advantage in regulatory matters, inquiries, quasi-criminal matters, civil penalty proceedings and cases involving allegations of misconduct. Because of this, Andrew is often briefed in the early stages of regulatory investigations and regularly appears for clients at compulsory examinations. He has previously acted in sensitive matters for judicial officers, public figures, captains of industry and other lawyers.
Andrew maintains chambers in both Brisbane and Sydney. Prior to being called to the bar in 2011, Andrew worked as a Judge’s Associate on the Queensland Court of Appeal and a solicitor in a boutique firm practising in criminal, administrative and defamation litigation. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from the University of Queensland.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil appeals
- Criminal appeals
- Banking including finance and securities
- Civil confiscation of criminal proceeds
- Class actions
- Consumer protection law
- Contractual disputes
- Corporate insolvency
- Corporations law
- Intellectual property
- Partnership disputes
- Telecommunications and broadcasting
- Restraint of trade
- Real Property including leasing disputes
- Environmental and planning offences
- White collar and corporate crime
- Work health and safety
- Trials (including with juries)
- Extensions of time within which to bring proceedings
- Family provision
- Wills, probate and estate litigation
- Commissions and other inquiries
- Coronial inquests
- Disciplinary hearings
- Investigations and examinations
- Professional indemnity liability and insurance
- Regulatory prosecutions